Hot & Smoky Maple Recipes
Delicious Hot & Smoky Maple Steak
Here’s a Kansas City-style grilled or baked steak with a New England twist! Strip steaks are traditional, but you can use any steak.
- 4 (10 oz) or larger steaks
- 4 tbsp Hot & Smoky Maple seasoning blend
- olive oil
- Allow steaks to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Lightly coat all sides of the steaks with olive oil. Then generously rub each steak with 1 tbsp Hot & Smoky Maple seasoning.
- Cook over a medium grill, or under the oven’s broiler for 5 minutes. Flip over and continue grillin guntil the internal temperature reaches 145 F, about 5-7 minutes, for medium-rare. Cook longer for more thoroughly done.
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Hot & Smoky Sticky Chicken
This is best with chicken thighs or breasts (sliced into tenders).
- 1 tbsp coconut (or olive) oil
- 6-8 skinless chicken thighs, or equivalent amount of skinless chicken breasts (or tenders)
- 2-3 tbsp Hot & Smoky Maple seasoning
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Melt coconut oil in heavy skillet.
- While the oil heats, dust and rub chicken with the Hot & Smoky Maple
- Place chicken in the hot oil and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes each side.
- While the chicken browns, fully mix honey (or maple syrup) with vinegar.
- Place browned chicken upside down in casserole dish. Spread the honey (maple) sauce over the pieces, then turn the pieces right side up and spread the remaining sauce over the tops and sides.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through. About 25-30 minutes for thighs, about 15 minutes for tenders.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with chopped cilantro or diced green onions.